This is the fourth podcast in the What are Palpitations? series and it focuses on what to expect during a visit with the heart rhythm specialist. We will be discussing the information we hope to glean from the patient during our initial visit and what may help us determine if one is at risk for heart rhythm disorders. A brief outline includes:
- History of present illness
- Past medical and surgical history
- Social history
- Family history
- Physical exam (including vital signs)
- Pertinent studies
Please check back with the Heart Rhythm Center for future podcasts to include:
- What Are the Common Supraventricular (Top-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- What Are the Common Ventricular (Bottom-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- Treatment Options for Arrhythmias
- The Electrophysiology Study and Ablation Procedure
- Possible Complications of Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations
- Postoperative Care after an EP Study (and possible ablation)
- Psychosocial Impact of Arrhythmias