The third podcast in the What are Palpitations? series focuses on what tools/techniques your care providers have to diagnose abnormal heart rhythms. A brief outline includes:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Twenty-four-hour Holter monitor
- Two- to four-week outpatient telemetry monitor
- Hospital telemetry
- Smartphone-based applications
- Tilt-table test
- Implantable loop recorders
Please check back with the Heart Rhythm Center for future podcasts to include:
- Work-up and Evaluation of Heart-Rhythm Disorders (Meeting the Heart-Rhythm Physician)
- What Are the Common Supraventricular (Top-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- What Are the Common Ventricular (Bottom-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- Treatment Options for Arrhythmias
- The Electrophysiology Study and Ablation Procedure
- Possible Complications of Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations
- Postoperative Care after an EP Study (and possible ablation)
- Psychosocial Impact of Arrhythmias