Thousands of patients every year are admitted to hospitals because of irregular, fast, or strong heartbeats. For the portion that will eventually be diagnosed with a heart condition, there are important choices to make moving forward. But there is rarely time in a short doctor’s visit to go over all the details.
The Heart Rhythm Center’s podcast What are Palpitations? serves as a comprehensive overview fills that information gap by imparting everything there is to know about abnormal heart rhythms through all stages of care. Dr. Jeffrey L. Williams, MD, MS, FACC, FHRS, CPE, has worked to provide patients with complete information. There are various types of arrhythmias, and the benefits and risks of treatments for each will vary for each individual patient. Patients, as well as their families, need a thorough understanding to make a fully informed decision.
Along with types of treatments, Dr. Williams discusses what is happening on a physiological level and explains the full evaluation process that doctors use. His knowledge, gained over years of study and practice, offers the what, why, and how of this medical issue, so anyone can make the best decisions for the health of his or her family.
Please check back with the Heart Rhythm Center for future podcasts to include:
- Palpitations and Other Symptoms That May Represent Heart-Rhythm Abnormalities (Arrhythmias)
- How Are Heart-Rhythm Abnormalities Diagnosed?
- Work-up and Evaluation of Heart-Rhythm Disorders (Meeting the Heart-Rhythm Physician)
- What Are the Common Supraventricular (Top-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- What Is Atrial Fibrillation?
- What Are the Common Ventricular (Bottom-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- Treatment Options for Arrhythmias
- The Electrophysiology Study and Ablation Procedure
- Possible Complications of Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations
- Postoperative Care after an EP Study (and possible ablation)
- Psychosocial Impact of Arrhythmias