This is the sixth podcast in the What are Palpitations? series and it focuses on atrial fibrillation. We will be discussing the most common arrhythmia seen in clinical practice. The listener will be introduced to the mechanisms, causes of, and treatments for atrial fibrillation. There are extensive explanations about the noninvasive and invasive treatments available for atrial fibrillation. A brief outline includes:
- Normal electrical activation versus atrial fibrillation
- Signs and symptoms
- Causes of atrial fibrillation
- Understanding your risk of stroke
- Is there a difference between atrial fibrillation and ventricular fibrillation?
- Is there a cure for atrial fibrillation?
- What is atrial flutter?
Please check back with the Heart Rhythm Center for future podcasts to include:
- What Are the Common Ventricular (Bottom-Chamber) Tachycardias?
- Treatment Options for Arrhythmias
- The Electrophysiology Study and Ablation Procedure
- Possible Complications of Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations
- Postoperative Care after an EP Study (and possible ablation)
- Psychosocial Impact of Arrhythmias